Ray demonstrating a high flying kick!
Lakeside is fortunate to have Ray Johnson a highly accomplished and experienced 8th degree black belt professor. We all want to feel good, exercise, and be mentally strong. Through Martial Arts training the body and mind grow strong together! A class for all ages to learn martial arts and exercise! Students can earn belts as they learn discipline and build self-confidence. Sifu Johnson has many years of experience teaching students at all levels and ages. If you are interested in furthering your martial arts training for personal or competitive purposes Sifu Johnson is an excellent choice. Draw on his extensive knowledge and experience in competitive martial arts to improve your personal technique.
Ray Johnson Martial Arts Instructor
8th Degree Black Belt holder and Professor of WunHopKuenDo Kung-Fu and Self Defense.
1966-1967 Okinawa Karate 5th degree instructor and open competitions in Illinois
1970-1971 Kenpo Karate 2nd degree Black Belt Instructor
1971-1972- Kajukenbo Instructor
1972- WunHopKuenDo Kung-Fu Instructor and held contact point karate open competitions until 2007. Placed 3rd in master advanced fighting
Ray works with children and adults, teaches group and individual rape prevention, and prepares competition teams
Employed at Family Fitness since 2013 as a Mixed Martial Arts Instructor
He also holds certifications in Ohana.
Martial Arts training has many benefits like:
- Physical muscle stretching and strengthening
- Physical balance and coordination workout
- Mental training for improved focus
- Mental confidence and piece of mind
- Social as martial arts is generally practiced in groups a strong bond is developed among students and professors.
- Safety martial arts is essential for self defense at any age
- Competitive there are many ways to compete in the world of martial arts
If you have been considering martial arts classes join Professor Ray Johnson at our state of the art facility today!
- 3 introductory Sessions– Beginners- Basic Self Defense Techniques.
- 3 Month Sign Up– Receive 1st Certificate of Training (Orange Belt)
- 6 Month Sign Up-Receive 2nd Certificate of Training (Purple Belt)
- 1 Year Sign Up- Receive Certificate of Training per each belt earned (Up to Blue Belt or Green Belt, depending on accomplishments)
- Buddy Program Sing-up Available
Use this easy contact form to get more information!
LAKESIDE REHABILITATION FAMILY FITNESS
39 State St. Hart, MI 49420
Latest News From the Blog:
LSVT BIG Parkinson’s Treatment Program available at Lakeside Rehabilitation
Posted on March 28, 2017
We are excited to announce that we have 3 individuals certified in the LSVT BIG Program. LSVT BIG is...
Joshua R. - Everybody I interacted with was very warm, caring, polite, etc. I felt very welcome.
Nancy H. - All staff members are KNOWLEGABLE, kind, and upbeat. They all exceeded my expectations.
Meredith C. - Keep being Amazing!!
Deborah T. - I would recommend this facility & staff to everyone.
Joyce J. - Beth's knowledge and expertise is very much appreciated. I recommend her highly!